I ran a reader survey during the month of September to find out more about you and how I can serve better.
The results have been very easy to analyse, as I only received one complete response! Thank you to that lone reader.
Here’s the summary of my audience response(s), therefore:
- 100% male audience
- Between 55-64 years of age
- Has read at least 10 of my articles and viewed some videos
- Resides in Australia
- Is a church/non-profit leader
- Loves reading articles in order to learn
- Most interested in:
- Family leadership
- Personal Development
- Team development
- Public Speaking
- Succession Planning
- Would happily recommend my blog to others
- Top 2 Professional challenges are:
- Moving beyond personal barriers
- Succession planning
- Top 2 Personal challenges
- Keeping up momentum
- Top Leadership Challenge
- Building bridges between others of faith
- Enjoyed the frankness of my blogs and writing from experience
- Viewed my experience, my faith orientation and ‘general good common sense’ as valuable
- Also enjoyed the personal insight into thoughts and aspirations. Recommended some shorter blog entries in the mix.
- A future feature requested was a possible online interactive feature (I’m not quite sure what he meant, but I am considering webinars/teleseminars/podcasts for a future date.)
Now, I know that this does not fully represent my audience, as even my wife says she reads all of the posts, but she didn’t complete the survey :)
However, this tells me:
- I need to serve the needs of those who ask, so will endeavour to do so. Congratulations to that one respondent, whoever you are!
- That I need to engage you, my readers, even more – your continued suggestions and responses would be most welcome!
- I probably need an incentive for completing the survey next time. So I will offer one in the new year.
- Sometimes people are just plain hesitant to express their opinion through a survey. (Goodness knows we are barraged with enough of them on the internet.)
- That there are a lot of shy readers out there! (You know who you are.)
- Lack of response indicates lack of interest. Hence, I have to believe that the blog is not generating much interest in a variety of people.
- I may need to refine the target audience of this blog
- I need offer more value in whatever fashion
- I have many business/management oriented posts here, that readers are not necessarily coming back for those.
- Lastly, that as I started the blog for my own personal benefit and enjoyment, that appears to still be its main function :)
Thank you again, lone respondent.
If you would like to add a response now, feel free to leave a comment.
And to the rest of you reading: I hope you will add your voice with my next survey in 2015 and help me to serve you even more.
Peter J. McLean